Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Borderline Sick or Sleep, Ellusive Sleep!

Last night I got the worst night's sleep EVER1. First I didn't get to bed until midnight, which was my own fault. Then I huddled under the covers shivering for two hours. I kept turning over, tucking myself in tighter, curling up into a ball, thinking that eventually my body heat would transfer to the sheet and three blankets over me enough to let me sleep. Finally at two in the morning I realized that was never going to happen, so I pulled out a sleeping bag and threw it on top of everything else. After shivering for another ten minutes or so I finally fell asleep.

Fast forward to four o' clock or something. Justin brings Esme in to nurse2 and I'm so hot I feel like I'm going to die. I feel dizzy, sick to my stomach, and bruised all over. I feel like I've got the flu. Every other time I wake up I feel this way, too, even after I stop using all those blankets and the sleeping bag. Justin was really nice and let me sleep this morning3, but I still feel kinda sick today. Not as bad as I did in the middle of the night, but every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to die and I can't stand anyone touching my skin. I feel like every part of me is shaky on the inside. Not the best I've ever felt.

So maybe I have the flu or something. I don't know. I don't really care. I just hope I don't give it to anyone else and I hope I get better soon. Wish me luck!

And those of you who want to know about the reading schedule thing -- I'll get that up a little later. Right now Justina and Atticus are both being kinda loud and busy and I can't focus.

1Okay, maybe not EVER, but it was pretty bad.
2They sleep on the couch in the living room -- suffice it to say that everyone gets more sleep this way.
3Or should I say afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment